Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jon...

I have watched Jon in a season of abundance.
I have watched him in a season of need.
I have watched Jon in a season of adventure.
I have watched him in a season of desperation.
I have watched Jon in a season of testing.
I have watched him in a season of loss.
I have watched Jon in a season of blessings.
I have watched him in a season of uncertainty.
I have watched Jon in a season of want.
I have watched him in a season of contentment.

I have had a front row seat in his life and also a backstage pass.
I have seen him in public.
I have seen him in private.

There is brokenness and faithfulness.
Together.  Brokenness and faithfulness.
It is beautiful.
Not perfect.  Beautiful.

Happy Birthday to the man I call
my husband
my friend
my partner
my lover
my confidant
my good and perfect gift.

It is my joy to celebrate you today.













1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing this birthday will be like no other, past or future.... the one where you hold on to each other a little tighter, linger a little longer, and praise God for your partner with a new sincerity. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete