Monday, May 9, 2016

Twas the Day After Mother's Day...

#keepingitreal

Twas the day after Mother’s Day
And all through the house
Every room was a disaster and I had a poo stain on my blouse.

The kids were all crying and fighting like crazy
While yesterday’s amazing memories
Became faded and hazy.   

The day before had been loving and sweet
Breakfast in bed, homemade cards
It was a mini retreat.  

I had relaxed and slept in a whole extra hour,
And even shaved my legs 
In a long, steamy shower.  

I was told “Mom, I love you!  
You’re really the best”
About 1 million times until I laid my head to rest.

Then sometime between “good night” and “good morning” 
All bets were off - 
Without any type of warning.

I woke to whining, crying
And spills on the floor
And in my 30 second shower, there were 17 knocks on my door. 

Kid 1 and Kid 2
Bickered and fought throughout the day
While Kid 3 and Kid 4 chose not to obey

Our trip to Target
Was one for the books
Spilled slushees, smashed fingers, and lots of strangers giving “looks.”

But nothing compared 
To our dinner at CPK
“I can smell your butt from here!” is what my 3 year old chose to loudly say.

Did I mention my husband 
Is out of town until late?
He *might* be coming home to a wife in an “unhealthy state.” 

But the kids now are in bed
So no need to freak out
I just needed to keep it real with a good vent and a pout. 

I treasure the memories
Of yesterday’s glory


And hold on to the promise of 364 days until another “perfect day” story.  

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment